Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Things They Say...


Well...school is off to a great start this year. Payton is really enjoying middle school. Especially the food. Apparently it is SO much better than what they serve in elementary school. In fact, that's pretty much the only thing I can get him to tell me about his day. It's like playing a game of 20 questions with him to find out the tiniest tidbit of information about his day...until I ask the magic question.

"What did you have for lunch?"

Then I'm guaranteed to get at least 5 sentences describing his meal. The pizza. The lasagna. The way it's cooked just right...not crunchy around the edges like at his old school. (Barf!) The ice cream. The canned juices. The Gatorade. Mmmmm.... At least the boy knows what he likes.

************************************************************************************

My class is so, so, so, so cute this year! I have lots of kids that just make me smile every time I see them. They are just so darned adorable! Here are some of my favorite conversations from the first few days of school:

Boy 1: (Telling the whole class about his summer) "This summer my family went to Maine to visit my cousins. They're from Japan and this was the first time I got to see them. Also my other cousins invited us to come to Asia to visit them sometime."

Boy 2: (With an amazed expression on his face) "Wooooowwww...you must have A LOT of culture in you!"


My intern and I looked at each other and just wanted to burst out laughing. It was so cute the way he said it.

Next up...

Boy 1: "Mrs. A, I needed a band-aid earlier. But DON'T WORRY I took care of it all by myself. I just licked the blood off." (Shows intern the blood smear on his arm)


Kids...you gotta' love em!

No comments:

Post a Comment