Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Why don't the rejected guys ever say anything to Jillian about *The Bad Guys* (aka Wes) when they are leaving the rose ceremony? They go on and on about how they think she's so wonderful. They care so much about her. She better watch out for Wes. He's there for the wrong reasons. He has a girlfriend. BUT they don't say anything to her???? I don't get it...
But then again, it probably wouldn't matter anyway. The girl is blind when it comes to Wes. I just can not believe she gave him a rose.
Monday, June 29, 2009
We know that we might as well strip her down before she eats spaghetti because it's going to get EVERYWHERE!
She starts out using good manners (and a fork), but soon abandons that method and starts shoveling it in with her hands.
Sometimes I wish I could eat like that. Don't you? Mmmmmm....
A BIG chunk of our time was spent working on our ongoing project...putting in wood floors. We finally have one hallway and the office finished! Can I get a WOOHOO? *WOOHOO* Still have the living room and another hallway to go. It's a long, slow project, but we are getting there. I absolutely love the way our new floors look. Ryan is doing such an amazing job! He's one talented guy. I will post some pictures once we get everything done and our house reorganized. Right now it is a disaster area!
Friday afternoon we took Elyse over to a friend's house to go swimming. She had a great time playing with the other kids. She really liked the waterfall that went into the pool and spent most of her time hanging around that. The heatwave continued this weekend so we did spend a lot of time inside... Here's Elly trying to cool off with a Popsicle. Yum!
On Saturday morning I went to pick Payton up from Camp War Eagle. He had so much fun this past week. His favorite activity was going tubing on the lake. He got to do a ton of cool stuff and his only complaint was that it was HOT! and the mattresses were too thin. Ha! Here he is at closing ceremonies with his bud.
Friday, June 26, 2009
Here he is with his friend JJ on the first day of camp. The boys were so excited about getting to spend the week swimming, jet skiing, and playing every sport you could think of.
We go to pick him up tomorrow morning and I can't wait to see him!!!! A week away from my baby boy is TOO long! Unfortunately we have some sad news to give him when we see him.
No, it's not what you're thinking... Although he will be sad that Michael Jackson passed away and even sadder that Shaq is now a Cav (which means his beloved Lakers no longer have a chance), it's something even more important to him. His best friend, Mason, is going to be moving back to Baltimore at the end of July.
Mason's family has lived here for the past year and a half and during that time they have become like family to us. First of all, they are the most HILARIOUS people you could ever meet. They are so much fun to be around and they always make us smile. They are a wonderful family - so full of love, kindhearted, and did I mention they are HILARIOUS?? They have helped us out a lot this past year when I had to have my surgeries. They watched Payton for us on numerous occasions and I never had to worry because I knew he was in such a loving, safe environment. I have tears in my eyes as I write this because we will miss the Douglas family dearly!
Mason and Payton at 5th grade graduation.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
The movie comes out this weekend and I'm planning on going to see it with a group of my besties. (Yay!!) I really want to try to finish the book before I see the movie, but we'll see.
I've just recently gotten back into running again. Getting back into the swing of things is always hard, especially after taking a break for almost a year! Gosh, I can't believe how long I haven't been able to run. I missed it a lot and have been waiting impatiently for the day that I could start again. Last week I went for my first run and was really surprised that I was actually able to do it. And now that Tamara is back in Fayetteville (Yay again!) we have been going for runs in the evenings. We've gone twice so far and are planning to go again tomorrow night. It feels so good to be active again. I'm really thinking about training for another half-marathon pretty soon...but I'm kind of nervous about the idea too. I think I'll give it some time and see how my body feels.
Tonight I'm excited to go hang out with Ashley and Haley. We're going to go see The Hangover. Can't wait! This weekend Roxana is coming into town from Baltimore and I am SOOOO excited to see her! It's been too long!
Hope you all have a great day!
Monday, June 22, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Rules You Should Live By:
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone…
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first pay check.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about..
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don’t worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion, today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25.. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words ‘In five years, will this matter?’
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
35. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
I've never been much of a dancer. In fact, I don't dance in public. Period. I would hate to embarrass my family and friends like that. I took ballet classes for a few months when I was in 2nd grade, but it just wasn't my thing. So these dancers absolutely amaze me. The way they jump, leap, twirl...it's just incredible. Makes me kinda wish I had stuck with those ballet classes after all.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
This morning I went on my first "real" run in almost 10 months!!! Woo hoo!!! I say this was my first real run because I did make a few feeble attempts in between my first two surgeries to try to run...but they were pathetic attempts. My body just wasn't up to it yet, no matter how hard I tried to push it.
It felt SO good to pound the pavement. Nothing but me, the sound of my Nikes hitting the ground, and my iPod blaring in my ears. Nothing to think about except 'breathe in, breathe out'. No worries, just running. 2.5 miles in 20 minutes. Not too bad considering everything my body has been through in the past 10 months.
I'm so excited about it that I'm ready to go again! I have to keep reminding myself that my doctor said to ease back into it. And that probably doesn't mean jumping from 2 to 5 miles in one day. Ha! But hey, a girl can dream right? I just might see another half-marathon in my future...
I always loved running - it was something you could do by yourself, and under your own power. You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs.
Monday, June 15, 2009
"Are you related to THE Duggar family?
No folks, these are not my peeps.
And Ashley...no matter how many times you randomly try to tell people that I am one of them... I will always deny it.
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Uncle Philip stopped by on his way from Columbia, MO to New Mexico. Payton took him on in a little basketball game.
-Open your 1st photo folder
-Find the 10th picture
-Post that picture on your blog and then tell us the story
This picture was taken by Ryan one day when I was out (running errands, at work????... don't remember) and it was just him and Elyse for the afternoon. She dressed herself (note: tutu and baseball cap) and was playing Mommy with her baby doll, Emily.
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Here's how it works...you ask your husband a series of questions starting with, "What's my favorite" and then you see how his answers match up to yours. (My answers are in parenthesis.)
What's my favorite song? Some kind of R&B song...or something by Kris Allen ((This one is so hard to pick.....I would have to say that right at this exact moment it's Kris Allen's version of Heartless)
What's my favorite food? Kobe, does that count? Japanese...California Roll (Japanese food...yummy!)
What's my favorite color? Blue (Blue...always has been, always will)
What's my favorite time of day? Mornings (Evening, after we're all home from school and work and can hang together as a family)
What's my favorite drink? Dr. Pepper (No brainer...Dr. Pepper)
What's my favorite alcoholic drink? Margarita (White wine OR Margarita...too hard to pick just one)
What's my favorite store? Old Navy is ONE of your favorites. Any store I let you take the credit card in is your favorite. :) (Toss up between Target, Old Navy, and Gap....again, it's too hard to pick just one!)
What's my favorite flower? Tulip (Lily)
What's my favorite holiday? Christmas (Christmas)
What's my favorite restaurant? Kobe (Kobe....mmmmm, sushi)
Overall...he gets an A. Good job Ryan!!! He knows me pretty well...maybe a little too well. <3
Friday, June 12, 2009
Future Pro Hula-Hooper? Not so much.
Elyse loved trying to hit the balls with her new clubs.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Colin, Caleb, Payton and Mason at camp
Getting one of these...
Plus a nice manicure and pedicure...