Monday, July 20, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up...

This weekend we had a such cool weather for the middle of July. It almost felt like fall. Highs in the upper 70s/lower 80s. Perfect weather to be outside, so that is exactly what we did...
(Yeah...we were so busy that I was really bad about taking pictures this weekend and did not get a single one.)

On Saturday we started off our day with a trip to the Farmer's Market. The weather was gorgeous! We bought lots of yummy vegetables and some fresh flowers. Elyse loved seeing all the doggies and the horsie that was there. Next we headed over to Common Grounds for some breakfast on the patio. Delicious!!

I had planned to get in my long run (9 miles) on Saturday morning but it was just so nice outside that we decided to go for a family bike ride on the trail system that runs through town instead. Ryan pulled Elyse in the bike trailer. She was so funny to watch - she was laying back with her feet up, drinking her juice and eating cheerios. Just relaxing and enjoying the ride. She loved going through the tunnels and over the bridges. The trails were so nice and we really enjoyed our ride. We did just over 7 miles. Then we took Elyse to the park to play for awhile. She surprised us by counting all the way to 10!! We knew she could go up to 5 on her own, but she just kept counting and counting. Smart girl.

Ryan cooked steak and some of the veggies from the Farmer's Market for dinner that night. It was so delicious! Finally I thought I was ready to go on my long run. I was planning on running for about an hour and then meeting up with Tamara to finish the last 3 miles together, but just as I was about to walk out the door Tamara called and we had a change of plans. Instead of running we went to the mall. :) (Much more fun!) She got several cute dresses and some shoes and I got a new pair of running shoes.

Sunday morning we got up early and did some things around the house. And I FINALLY got in my long run. I did 9 miles/ 1.26 min/ 9.38 avg pace. I really liked my new running shoes. They felt so good and my shins weren't hurting after this run.

Sunday afternoon we met Tamara and her family for another bike ride on the trails. Drew's tube had a hole in it, so Ryan ended up pulling both Addye and Elyse in the trailer. Ha! That's quite a load! Payton and Cayden had a blast and just giggled and laughed the whole way. We did about 6 miles and then headed over to Tamara's house for some kids vs. moms baseball and soccer games and some yummy, yummy food. Mmmmmm!!! Elly had so much fun playing with Kynzie and Addye that she didn't want to leave. I know she's looking forward to going over there on Tuesday and Wednesday while I go to some in-services (ugh).

This weekend was awesome! The weather was so perfect so we got to spend a lot of time outside. I really enjoyed spending time with my sweet little family and my friends. It was so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment