Sunday, June 6, 2010

Race 4 Hope...

On Saturday I ran in the 3rd annual Race 4 Hope in Joplin, MO. My wonderful Mother-in-law is on the board of the Hope 4 You Foundation which raises money to fight breast cancer. All the money they raise stays in our area to help people in our community. It's such a wonderful cause! Each year the race has grown and improved...with over 500 participants this year!
Elyse and Ryan planned on walking the 1 mile, but after walking about 50 yards Elyse was done. So they just hung out at the finish line with Nanna and waited for me to finish the 5k. I finished with a time of about 27.15. I didn't look at the clock right as I finished because I was trying to sprint the last little bit without passing out and dying at the finish line. :) I was pleased with my time. I kept up a faster pace than I've been doing lately. I really think that boot camp made me stronger and has helped increase my speed. Woo hoo!
It was a great race and such a fantastic event!

No comments:

Post a Comment