Monday, December 21, 2009

Recipe...

As you all know, I'm not much of a cook. I try and try, but it just never seems to taste quite as good as when someone else makes it. Well, a few weeks ago Tamara had a bunch of friends over to her house, and she made us her white chicken chili. It was so good and the recipe was so simple that I thought I could probably do it myself. I tried it tonight...and it was actually a success. Woo hoo! I can cook! It's a miracle!!


Here's the recipe...

White Chicken Chili

2 lbs. chicken breasts
28 oz. chicken broth
48 oz. great northern beans
8 oz. monterey jack cheese, shredded
16 oz. salsa
1 can cream of celery soup
2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
salt and pepper

Put chicken breasts into large pot with chicken broth. The chicken broth should cover just over the top of the chicken, so if they are thick breasts, you may need to add a little more broth. Cook breasts about 20 minutes or until they are no longer pink inside. Take the chicken out (leave the broth in the pot) and cut chicken into bite size pieces. Put cut chicken back into the pot. Add everything else into pot and stir. Cook an additional 20-30 minutes on med/low heat. Stir frequently to ensure that it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot. Eat with cornbread or crackers.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! This sounds yummy!!

    Will try after the New Year, something to use my turkey broth in, YEAH!!!

    Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete