Monday, December 28, 2009

Meet Eliza...

95% of the time we have the pleasure of being around...


Our sweet little Elyse Claire (or EC as she refers to herself). She is a sweet thoughtful, caring, sharing, polite ("Peas", "Tank you"), giggly, ticklish, singing, wonderful young lady.



But the other 5% of the time is not so pretty.

Meet Eliza...


When Eliza comes to visit things are not so peaceful. There are cries. Screams. Shouts of "No!" A little body throwing herself on the floor. Legs kicking. Tears flowing. Her teacher at school says that she is "exerting her independence". She is definitely testing boundaries and seeing what she can get away with.

We now have time-out. And thankfully it seems to work for her. I'm not big on spanking, never have been. I know for lots of people out there it works great, but for me I just have found with both my kids that a time-out and consequences that fit the behavior works well. And I'm comfortable with that. Hopefully that will continue to work for us, but we'll see.

I'm just hoping and praying that Eliza packs her bags and leaves soon. I want my sweet Elyse back...

No comments:

Post a Comment