Monday, March 29, 2010

Let The Training Begin...

Today I officially started training for another half-marathon. I've run 2 halfs before and I love it! But both times I didn't really train...just decided to go for it. I did ok in both of them, but I'd really like to see how I can do when I actually train for one.
So...at the beginning of June I'm going to run in the Boomtown Days Half Marathon in Joplin, MO. Today my run was just 3 miles and my pace was 9.20. Not near where I used to be when I ran a lot, but... better than I've done lately.
I really hope I can stick to the training schedule. With a full time job, 2 (very busy) kids, a hubby, and a house to take care of...often running gets pushed to the side. But it's so important to me - such a good stress reliever - and it makes me feel so much better. I'm determined to really do it this time! Wish me luck!! :)

2 comments:

  1. You can do it, you can do it, you can do it! GO, CHRISTY, GO!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Christy!!! I applaud your for training with your VERY busy schedule.

    I am training for 13.1 myself and hope to run before my 50th birthday in August. Just ran 9 this weekend so I am almost there...

    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete