Saturday, July 23, 2011

Run For It...

Last night when I was out for my evening run, I was feeling good. It was one of those easy runs.


My legs felt good.


My music was pounding in my ears.



Encouraging me to go faster.



Run farther.


When I realized that I was on pace to finish my 6 mile run with a pace that was below 8 minutes per mile! I've been in the 8:15-8:30 range consistently whenever I go on runs that are longer than 3 or 4 miles.



When I realized this, I really started pushing. Watching my pace. Trying to stay below that 8 min. mark.


6.25 miles...47 min 8 sec... average pace {7.32 min/mile}



I did it!!!! I hadn't really been striving for this goal, but when I realized that I was there, it felt so good to accomplish it!



So, I've decided to list some running goals. To help me push myself. Here they are...



1. Run 30+ miles per week for the next 2 weeks.


2. Run another 5+ mile run with a sub 8 min/mile pace.


3. Run one 13+ mile run in the next 2 weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment